BEFORE AND AFTER
YOUR TREATMENT TIMETABLE
30-90 minutes depending on area treated
|Back to Work|
Yes – Topical Anaesthetic
2-3 days estimated
|Number of Treatments|
Course of 2 to 6 treatments depending on area being treated
4 to 12 weeks
With full results up to 6 months
|Duration of Results|
Permanent – until your body breaks down collagen.
|Risks & Complications|
Mild Redness and tenderness – feeling like slight sun burn
- When Can I Start to See Results
It can take up to 6 weeks before any improvement is noticed, and to see the full benefits you will achieve, it can take up to another five months for the full long lasting effects of this treatment. So as excellent as it is, this is not an instant quick fix but more long-term natural improvement.
- Is it a safe treatment
Yes, it is a very safe treatment and on top of this we will conduct a comprehensive medical assessment before your treatment. The treatment doesn’t involve injecting the skin with any substances, it’s merely light pricks the surface of the skin to create hundreds of micro injuries. It is a minimally invasive procedure with up to 48 hours’ downtime, rapid healing and it requires very simple after-care.
- Does the Treatment Hurt
There is minimal discomfort, however we use a topical anaesthetic cream that is very effective in numbing the area to be treated. Everybody is different and you may find this treatment slightly uncomfortable, however, we can change the needle depth and speed during the treatment.
- How Long Does the Treatment Take
You will need to allocate between two hours from start to finish for one treatment to allow time for both the topical anaesthetic and the treatment itself. Depending on the area to be treated for example a small scar of full face may take around 90 minutes, where larger areas involving stretch marks will usually take longer.
- How Long Do The Results Last
The process will continue to improve for up to 12 months, dependent on age, providing you with a natural and long-lasting enhancement. The repair itself is permanent until your body breaks down collagen as it naturally will through ageing.
- How Will the Skin Look
Initially the skin will appear flushed, giving a mild sunburn look for up to 48 hours. Then the skin will start to feel tight. After that, the skin will look brighter and more vibrant and then approximately six weeks later the regeneration and repair process starts to tighten the skin.
- How Many Treatments Will I Need
The number of treatments required will depend on the area type in its size and severity. We recommend a course of typically 4 to 8 treatment sessions to get maximum results, with treatments spaced 4 to 8 weeks apart, however individual needs of results will vary from client to client.
To get the best results from a Micro Needing treatment, it is important that clients complete the full course recommended by the practitioner. At the first consultation, a treatment plan will be set and desired results determined. This allows for progress and results to be monitored after each session.
Skin Rejuvenation treatments: 1 to 6 depending on severity of skin tone, texture, lines and all wrinkles to be treated (then on going twice a year or quarterly dependent on how the client feels and what is appropriate afterwards to prevent the ageing process)
Acne scar removal treatments: 2 to 4 treatments, but sometimes more if acne scars are over a larger area and are very deep.
Stretch mark removal treatments: 4 to 8 to achieve maximum results, the first few treatments tighten the skin and visible colour improvements can also be seen.
General scar removal treatments – 3 to 6 treatments dependent of size and severity.
- Can the treatment be carried out on Asian & Darker skin tones?
Yes, the treatment can be carried out on all skin types, there are no risks or post inflammatory hyper-pigmentation as the melanin remains intact, during the procedure.
After Care Guidelines – Skin Micro Needling
After Care Instructions Post Treatment
- You can return to your normal activities 48 hours after the procedure, without any post treatment restrictions after 48 hours.
- You cannot wear any makeup covering the area treated for at least 48 hours.
- Keep your skin hydrated, by increasing your intake of water after your treatment
- Avoid exposing your skin to extreme temperatures of heat or cold, and protect your skin with a good quality moisturiser and SPF.
- You will need to apply a high-grade moisturiser on the area treated.
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol for 48 hours afterwards, even longer if possible for optimal results.
- We recommend no sun exposure for 48 hours after the treatment
- No strenuous exercise for up to 48 hours
- Your normal skin regime can be followed 48 hours afterwards.
Your skin may appear slightly sunburned at first, with redness. Some clients may experience swelling, tingling or tenderness to the touch, but these are mild and temporary and will diminish over the next few days to a week.
The Skins Appearance Post Treatment
- It is normal for the area to feel slightly sore with the appearance of a mild sunburn immediately after the procedure.
- The treated area maybe flushed, reddened and tingly.
- Temporary numbness in the treated area can also occur.
- Any side-effects are temporary.