THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN FAT REDUCTION & WEIGHT LOSS
It is important to note, as it is a well-known misconception, that weight loss and fat reduction are the same thing, in fact they are not and never will be. When we lose weight from an area, our fat cells become smaller but the actual number of fat cells we have remain the same, just reduced. When we gain weight, the fat cells then become larger again.
What the HIFU Body Lipolysis procedure does is reduces and moves the number of fat cells in the treated area, therefore rather than shrinking them to appear smaller like with weight loss by removing these cells they can never get bigger and are permanently removed.
FAT REDUCTION – Unlike weight loss surgery or other non-surgical weight loss procedures, the results with HIFU Body Lipolysis treatments do last, because once the fat cells are destroyed they are gone for good. Even if you don’t weigh less you’ll be trimmer and your clothes will not only fit and feel better, but you will look better too.
WEIGHT LOSS – When losing weight, your fat cells only become smaller, they will never disappear, the number of cells is still the same. When you gain weight your fat cells become larger again. After the procedure, the treated areas have fewer fat cells permanently and unlike what happens with other procedures there is no change in fat cell distribution in untreated areas.
YOUR TREATMENT TIMETABLE
(depending on area being treated)
|Back to Work
|Number of Treatments
1 to 2 treatments upon consultation
4 to 12 weeks
With full results up to 9 months
|Duration of Results
Long Term (depending on healthy lifestyle)
|Risks & Complications
Mild Redness and tenderness
Before & After
1. Which areas of the body can be treated with HIFU Body Lipolysis?
The treatment can be used in many areas of the body including the; Stomach, Thighs -Inner and Outer, Back, Love Handles, Upper Arms, providing there is over 2.6 cm of fat and in the targeted area to be treated non.
2. What happens to the body fat that HIFU Body Lipolysis removes?
Over the next few weeks & months, the body naturally removes the destroyed fat which is drained to the liver via your natural lymphatic channels and circulation, leaving the client with a thinner, more contoured waistline and tighten skin in the area treated.
3. Will the fat that has been treated return?
No, the fat cells that are removed through the treatment will not come back, because adults have a limited number of fat cells, whatever is gone will not regenerate. However, the remaining fat cells still can expand and contract, increase in size and decrease in size, depending on many factors such as diet, exercise, genetics, age and use of medications.
4. I heard the treatment is painful?
Some clients experience tiny amounts of tingling, prickling, or warm sensations but these vary in severity and depending on fat thickness and the area to be treated. Some areas are not sensitive at all. Because pain varies between clients, we do prepare our clients to expect more discomfort due to the destruction of fat cells and the generated heat. Generally, there is minimal pain during this treatment.
5. Is HIFU Body Lipolysis a good treatment for a small amount of excess fat?
Clients for HIFU Body Lipolysis must have a minimum of over 2.6 cm of “pinchable or grabbable” fat. If you have less, then your fat layer will be rather thin and the programmed treatment depth will treat other tissues and not fat. During the consultation, body areas will be examined and measured and a customised treatment plan established to ensure it is safe and suitable to have the treatment.
6. What are the main contraindications for HIFI Body Lipolysis?
Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding cannot undergo this treatment. You must also be of 18 years of age. In addition, you cannot have a hernia of any kind, skin infections or conditions, recent surgery or scar tissue or wounds in the treatment areas.
7. If I want to obtain additional fat removal, can I have a second treatment session?
Our clients have been enjoying the improvements with only one treatment. To fully determined improvements from the first treatment we do not recommend another treatment for at least 9 to 12 months afterwards. By that time the second procedure can be planned and customised for better overall results and ensure they have got the most out of their initial treatment before proceeding with another in the same zone.
8. Can I resume my normal activity straight after the treatment?
There is no downtime procedure for body fat reduction. Most of the “recovery” happens unnoticed to the client, therefore there is no need to take time off work or stop your usual regime. We do recommend to take care straight after the procedure and of course not to consume any toxins, caffeine, alcohol and cigarettes and drink plenty of water after the procedure.
9. What side-effects can I expect after treatment?
After your treatment, your skin may appear slightly red in areas and this will disappear within 24 hours.
10. How much can I expect to lose from a single treatment?
Clinical studies and from our own treatment experiences, demonstrate that on average, clients lose up to an inch in the waist circumference (for some, this can mean down one dress size). Some clients have been known to lose more, while others achieved less.
After-Care Guidelines – HIFU Body Lipolysis
After Care Instructions Post Treatment
- You can return to your normal activities immediately after your procedure without any post treatment restrictions.
- Avoid exposing your skin to extreme temperatures of heat or cold, and protect your skin with a good quality moisturiser and SPF.
- Important you up your water intake and stay hydrated after your treatment
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol for 48 hours afterwards, even longer if possible for optimal results.
- We recommend no sun exposure for 24 to 48 hours after the treatment
- No strenuous exercise for 24 to 48 hours to reduce any swelling that may have occurred during your treatment.
- Your normal regime can be followed immediately, but avoid using skin products that may cause irritation for 24 to 48 hours afterwards.
- Please do not have any other form of treatment or therapy until instructed to do so and insure clothing a loose fit over the areas that have been treated to minimise any discomfort that may be present.
Your skin may appear flushed at first, but the redness, if any should disappear within a few hours on the day of the treatment. Some clients may experience swelling, tingling or tenderness to the touch, but these are mild and temporary in nature over the next few days to a week. Other, less common post procedural effects, may cause temporary minor bruising, or numbness on small areas of skin.
The Skins Appearance Post Treatment
- It is normal for the area to be tender and feel stiff immediately after the procedure.
- The treated area maybe flushed, reddened and tingly.
- Temporarily numbness in the treated area can also occur.
- Side-effects are temporary and could cause minor bruising and tenderness.