PRICES FOR HIFU TREATMENTS
Before & After
YOUR TREATMENT TIMETABLE
60-120 minutes estimated
(depending on area being treated)
|Back To Work|
up to 24 hours
|Number of Treatments|
1 Treatment ONLY
|Duration of Results|
Mild redness and slight tenderness
- What is it?
HIFU is a safe, nonsurgical ultrasound treatment that counteract the effects of time and gravity on your skin. The treatment uses the body’s own regenerative response to gently and gradually lift the skin on the eyebrow, under the chin, onto the neck and smooth lines and wrinkles on the décolletage.
- Can it replace a face lift procedure?
HIFU treats the deep foundation layer addressed in cosmetic surgery, but won’t duplicate the results of the facelift. However, it is a great alternative, especially for those not ready for surgery, or clients looking to extend the effects of cosmetic surgery.
- How is it different to laser procedures?
HIFU uses sound energy, which has unique properties that allow it to bypass the surface of the skin to treat depths not matched by any other non-invasive cosmetic device. HIFU stimulates collagen production in the skins foundation, resulting in a clinically significant lift of tissue over the following 2 to 3 months. Lasers rely on light energy, which cannot reach deeper skin layers as an optimal temperature, so laser treatments typically only treat superficial skin. Since the two technologies often treat different types of skin issues, they are very compatible.
- How does it stimulate collagen production?
During the treatment, the transducer head delivers and deposits focused ultrasound energy deep beneath the skin at the optimal temperature for collagen regeneration. The treatment jump starts a natural process, known as ‘neocollagenesis’, to produce fresh, new collagen. The treatment itself doesn’t involve any creams, fillers or toxins, it just relies on your body’s own collagen building process for natural, noticeable results.
- How long will the treatment take?
The length of the treatment will depend on the area being treated and your individual treatment plan. The face and neck procedure typically takes between 60 to 120 minutes, while a chest treatment on its own may take approximately up to 60 minutes.
- Will I need to take time off work after the treatment?
With a single HIFU treatment there is no down time. After your procedure, you can resume your normal activities immediately, without having to follow any special post treatment measures. We even have clients come in during their lunch break to have the treatment. No cream is required and a general skin care plan and make up can be applied as normal.
- What does it feel like?
As the ultrasound energy is delivered, you will feel tiny amounts of energy being deposited to the precise depths, indicating that the collagen building process has been initiated. Comfort levels vary from person-to-person, but the sensation only lasts while the ultrasound energy is being delivered.
- How many treatments will I need?
Most clients only need one treatment. However, as this may be based on the degree of skin laxity, the biological response to ultrasound energy and individual’s collagen building process, some clients may benefit from an additional treatment. Because the skin continues to age, future touch-up treatments can help clients keep pace with the body’s natural ageing process.
- Who is a good candidate for a treatment?
A good HIFU candidate will have mild moderate skin laxity where the skin begins to look less firm. Examples include a lowered eyebrow line, loose skin on the neck, sagging under the chin and lines or winkles on the chest area. Of course, the best way to find out if you are suitable candidate is to consult with our practitioner.
- How much does the treatment cost?
The cost of the treatment can range depending upon the area being treated. Please get in touch to discuss.
- Is it a safe treatment?
The HIFU procedure has been used safely in over 450,000 treatments worldwide. Ultrasound energy itself has been used safely in the medical field for the 50 years.
- Are there any side-effects?
The skin may appear flushed at first. This could be during a treatment but sometimes lasting longer. The redness should however disappear within a few hours. Some clients experiencing slight swelling, tingling or tenderness to the touch, but these are temporary in nature. Other, less common post-procedural effects may include temporary bruising or numbness in small areas of skin. As with any cosmetic procedure, there is a possibility of other rare effects, which your practitioner will review with you.
After-Care Guidelines – HIFU Neck and Face Lift
After Care Instructions Post Treatment
- You can return to your normal activities immediately after your procedure without any post treatment restrictions.
- Avoid exposing your skin to extreme temperatures of heat or cold, and protect your skin with a good quality moisturiser and SPF.
- Important you up your water intake and stay hydrated after your treatment
- Avoid caffeine and alcohol for 48 hours afterwards, even longer if possible for optimal results.
- We recommend no sun exposure for 24 to 48 hours after the treatment
- No strenuous exercise for 24 to 48 hours to reduce any swelling that may have occurred during your treatment.
- Your normal regime can be followed immediately, but avoid using skin products that may cause irritation for 24 to 48 hours afterwards.
- Please do not have any other form of treatment or therapy until instructed to do so and ensure clothing is of a loose fit over the areas that have been treated to minimise any discomfort that may be present.
Your skin may appear flushed at first, but the redness, if any should disappear within a few hours on the day of the treatment. Some clients may experience swelling, tingling or tenderness to the touch, but these are mild and temporary in nature over the next few days to a week. Other, less common post procedural effects, may include temporary bruising, or numbness on small areas of skin.
The Skins Appearance Post Treatment
- It is normal for the area to be swollen and feel stiff immediately after the procedure.
- The treated area maybe flushed, reddened and tingly.
- Temporarily numbness in the treated area can also occur.
- Side-effects are temporary and could cause mild bruising and tenderness.